CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Cue the scary music

Welcome to your daily dose of me. Today is Saturday, my most beloved day of the week. Today is slightly less wonderful since Shark Fin has to work from 4-midnight today, but we will make it work. We always do. :)

We have everyone necessary told about the impending arrival, so I can shout it from the rooftops as much as I want. That is kind of cool. We got a lot of support from our young married group last night and I was able to have a really good conversation with one of the other girls about my initial mixed feelings about this whole thing. It was really cathartic to be able to be completely honest about my first feelings towards the "invasion" of Baby Jethro, even though now I am completely falling in love with this little person on the way. For example, right now, I am overwhelmed with this feeling of great responsibility, and even greater thankfulness that God believes I am ready for and can handle this challenge. I am really looking forward to the next 36 weeks of incubating my little person. Secretly, I think I am hoping for a little boy, but we have decided not to find out until the birth. Yes, this will make a lot of things harder than normal, but we both want to be surprised, and hey, I was going to do the room in greens and browns anyways. 
As usually, I have already started doing some "pre-shopping" and have picked out some patterns for the necessary items. (It's to be able to justify the online shopping for something legitimate, instead of "I need a pair of green shoes to go with my new shirt and purse.") For example, we've decided to do the carseat, stroller, pack-n-play, etc. in Graco's Kasbah pattern. You can see it here . I just think it is so attractive and more importantly, long-lasting and gender-neutral. I also picked out some cute green crib sets and stuff, but the crib itself is a bit of a sore-spot for us right now. Shark Fin's parents still have HIS crib from the 80s, one that has been used for about 4 babies since him, back in Michigan and said we can have it "whenever we are ready." Now, not to be greedy or unappreciative, but I really am not feeling having that crib when there are teeth marks and several babies nastiness on it. I know, I know, you can disinfect anything and with a coat of white paint, it would probably be just as nice as any other crib. Maybe I just have "first-baby syndrome" or something, but I really want to get as much stuff as we can for this first baby new, so that it will be able to last for all our babies still to come. (Have I mentioned yet how Shark Fin and I want a tribe of children? This stuff needs to be durable.) Needless to say, no decision has been made on the crib situation. We have many months left for that anyways. 
In the world of the OB situation, I have a couple I think I'm considering picked out. I am going to take my doctor's referral to the Naval hospital and see what I think of them, but I am also going to see about my friends' Jen & Carley's OB, Dr. LeCourt, and one I found out of the parenting magazine we get at my office, Dr. Valentine. The latter's practice is midwife based, which I kind of like the sound of. Anyways, we'll see. 
That's all for now. Happy weekends to everyone!

0 comments: